Ever had burning feeling in your vagina and wondered how to stop this awful feeling? Cystitis is inflammation of the bladder and urethra in women and uncommonly, in men. Simply put, bacteria got into your bladder and grew there. Follow these ten steps to prevent cystitis and heal faster.
You may have cystitis if you have these signs and symptoms
-Pain when urinating, with pain worsening towards the end of you voiding your bladder
– Increasing urgency to pee
– Difficulty peeing and some blood in your urine
– Sudden onset of symptoms, not a long gradual start
If uncomplicated cystitis, things will usually clear up fast with few well-being interventions:
10 Lifestyle Changes To Prevent Cystitis
1. Use organic and natural products like cotton
2.Use Alkalinising Agents like Sodium citrate (Cymalon Cystemme or Canesten Oasis) or Potassium citrate, to neutralize the higher acidity of your urine.
3. Increase your fluid intake by drink about 5L within every 24-hour period. This will help you urinate more and help to flush out bacteria out of your bladder.
4. Try drinking Cranberry Juice.
5. Avoid sex until cystitis clears up.
6. Avoid alcohol.
7. Always clean your bottom using a front to back motion.
8. Avoid “holding on” when you feel the urge to use the toilet.
9. Try urinating immediately after sex as this may prevent/minimize further attacks of cystitis by flushing out bacteria from the urethra.
10. Use a hot water bottle abdominal pain relief
THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR – CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST
-Talk with your doctor or pharmacist if these symptoms have lasted for 5 – 7 days.
-If there is vaginal discharge.
-If you are over 70 years or if a child or male.
-If you also have pain in loin area
-If you also develop a fever, are diabetic, pregnant or have a weak immune system
Other Remedies / Book I Have Found Very Useful In Cystitis Management:
IC Naturally: A natural Approach To Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis, a book by Diana Brady, BA, M.S. This book would be good for the woman who is interested in natural ways to prevent and manage cystitis.
The book and the Cystitis Bladder Healing Pain Relief Calming All Natural Herbal Formula Powder Supplement focus on using natural remedies and lifestyle methods to manage cystitis, while the other products would have alkylanising agents like sodium nitrate or potassium citrate.
Share this post with friends and family. Leave your questions and comments below.
Or email me if you like more privacy here: firstname.lastname@example.org
I appreciate your support and wish you a great weekend.
If you like this post, please subscribe and get my posts directly in your email.
To your health & wellbeing!